This is a very simple and very cheap project to really bring life into your tables or even chairs. In an earlier post I mentioned I loved to have wild colored furniture. I have been collecting magazine pictures, CD album art, my own photography, and things I’ve found in my travels. I bought a really cheap coffee table at Ikea, and I plan to do something similar with my round coffee table. I actually might use blackboard paint on it so that I can doodle or make notes on the table for parties.
My good friend Hollee helped make this a wonderful memory. We are hoping to be roommates next year. It’s these types of projects that I look forward to doing with other people.
All you need is:
- glue stick
- piece of furniture
- clear polyurethane varnish
- paint if you want to add more color in between your clippings
- magazine clippings, art, photos, and anything else you want for it
1. Glue down your artwork as you want it on the piece of furniture with the glue stick. Make sure to smooth out the pieces and let dry. Use your paint now to really bring the clippings together.
2. Once dry, spray or paint on the clear polyurethane varnish. You will need to do a couple of coats and then let it fully dry.
3. Set somewhere in your home and love your work.
I also picked up this really cute dress thanks to Hollee. We raced to the mall 10 minutes before it closed to pick up the dress I put on hold. I love this dress and can’t wait to wear it with combat boots.
Dreaming up some sweets. Will most likely have a a new post early this week. <3